Spicy noodles are a mildly spiced oven baked savory snack. A perfect healthy alternative to crisps.
"perfect for a Friday evening treat!"
Tuck Shop Supervisor, Grove Primary
|Do Not Meet School Food Standards|
|Quantity||100 x 25g|
|Product of||United Kingdom|
|Ingredients||Gram flour, potato flour, corn flour, rapeseed oil, SESAME seeds, tamari (SOYA), salt, spices (onion & chilli powder)|
|Allergens||See ingredients in bold UPPERCASE|
|Processed where PEANUTS, NUTS, SESAME, SOYA, MILK, EGG, MUSTARD, CELERY, SULPHITES & GLUTEN are also handled.|
|of which sugars||2.3g|
|of which saturated||1.7g|
Spicy Noodles do not meet the School Food Standards because they contain a small amount of added salt. The following table shows the fat and salt comparison between a similar type of snack, potato crisps.
|Typical Values per 100g|
Sesame seeds are also a good source of:
- helps to make new cells and enzymes
- helps us process carbohydrate, fat and protein in food
- helps with the healing of wounds
- helps to build strong bones and teeth
- regulates muscle contractions, including heartbeat
- ensures blood clots normally
- helps to make red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body
- a lack of iron can lead to iron deficiency anaemia