Apricot Crunchies are a delicious mixture of dried apricot cubes and yoghurt coated cornflakes.
"insert a quote/description from one of the tuck shop managers here"
Name, Manager Role, School Name
|Do Not Meet School Food Standards|
|Quantity||100 x 25g|
|Product of||Various Origins|
|Ingredients||Apricots 48%, sugar, non hydrogenated vegetable fat, cornflakes 20%, whey powder (MILK), yoghurt powder (MILK), rice flour, citric acid, glazing agent: gum arabic, vegetable protein, Emulsifier: SOYA, lecithin, natural flavouring, preservative: SULPHUR DIOXIDE|
|Allergens||See ingredients in bold UPPERCASE|
|Warning: This product has been processed in a factory where PEANUTS, NUTS, SESAME, SOYA, MILK, EGG, MUSTARD, CELERY, SUPHITES & GLUTEN are also handled.|
|of which sugars||53.5g|
|of which saturated||11.26g|
Apricot Crunchies do not meet the School Food Standards because they contain a small amount of added sugar in the yoghurt coating.
The School Food Standards state “some children in the UK aren’t getting enough iron, zinc and calcium in their diets to support their rapid growth”. The School Food Standards indicate dried apricots as a source of iron.
- helps to make red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body
- a lack of iron can lead to iron deficiency anaemia
Dried apricots are also a good source of:
- keeps your digestive system in good working order
- helps your immune system to work as it should against infections
- helps vision in dim light.
- helps keep skin and the linings of some parts of the body, such as the nose, healthy.